This article hopes to save you valuable time by describing the differences between surveys and assessments to help you decide which best meets your needs.
Many of our customers, especially coaches, come to us after having first tried well-known survey tools and discovering that they don’t offer the features that they need. Even with a free plan, learning a new software tool is an investment of valuable time. Spending that time only to discover that a survey is not actually what you need can be frustrating.
Surveys: A one-way street
A survey is intended for a single purpose – to gather information for use by the survey author. Feedback to the respondent is typically limited to a simple Thank You. Common uses for surveys include:
- Customer service – How was your experience at our store?
- Product feedback – How did your recent purchase work out for you?
- Scientific surveys intended to gather data on a particular topic for a study or paper
In each of these cases the respondent answers the questions and the data goes to the survey author, who typically analyzes the aggregated data. Usually they’re not interested in what any individual responses are.
Assessment Generator can certainly be used for this type of survey, but it offers much more. If you need more than a survey, read on…
Assessments: A Conversation
An assessment starts out like a survey – the respondent answers questions and provides information. But that’s only the beginning. An assessment also provides feedback directly to the user. That feedback is the secret sauce that makes assessments so powerful for lead generation.
After a respondent submits an assessment, Assessment Generator calculates a score based on how the user answered the questions. You, the assessment author, define how different responses to each question contribute to the final score.
After the score is calculated the user receives feedback, either on-screen or via email, telling them how they scored (the numeric value) and more importantly what their score means.
It’s that last part – your expert evaluation of them based on how they answered your questions – that provides enormous value to your respondent.
This exchange also benefits you:
- Your analysis of their results demonstrates your expertise and establishes your credibility with the respondent.
- Delivery of the report establishes a relationship with the prospect. When they receive their report, your prospect has received something of legitimate value from you, for free. This makes them more likely to want to return the favor, in the form of responding to future communications from you.
- This relationship forms a basis for further conversation. When you reach out to them again, it will be in the context of already having communicated with them. You can speak to them as an existing client instead of as a cold contact.
- Your report can also invite your prospect to contact you to learn more about their assessment results.
Assessments can be used to engage your website visitors who want to know more about what services you have to offer. Having your website visitors “test themselves” without obligation is a terrific way to gain your respect and keep them coming back.
Automate your Lead Generation
Assessment Generator automates this entire process. Instead of spending hours on free evaluations and initial consultations, assessments help you find the clients that fit best with your coaching practice with far less effort.
Automated assessments help to free you from the drudgery of selling, giving you more time to focus on your passion for helping people reach their goals. Isn’t that why you went into business in the first place?
Ready to get started? Use the buttons below to set up a free account at Assessment Generator, or schedule a one-on-one meeting with our experts to learn more about us.